fails self-test?

Color oscilloscope with touch panel
exquisitus

fails self-test?

Post by exquisitus »

git mine today. exhibits problems. reboots itself randomly. shows strange signals when there is no input.
self-test shown on the attached pic, which to me looks like a failure...
what are my options now? please advise. thank you.
Attachments
IMG_20150508_005206_.jpg
jye1

Re: fails self-test?

Post by jye1 »

For the self-test can you please check the test signal setting by entering "Menu" and pressing TestSignal button? Please make sure the "1KHz" button is highlighted.

When probe is floating the scope may display random wavefroms. This is because the probe could pick up signals in space. This is normal since the scope input impedance is high. This random signals should disappear when the two clips are shorted.

For the self-rebooting issue please fully charge the battery and also check if the same problem happens when powered with USB. If the problem persists please contact us at jyetech@163.com for replacement.
exquisitus

Post by exquisitus »

battery has been charged overnight.
yes, rebooting happened when powered by usb yesterday, that's how i noticed. today i have not observed rebooting yet.

yes, test signal i's 1khz (the default value), i always reset to defaults, before doing self-test, just in case.
just no test signal, or completely defective? trying to determine if it's worth sending it back (to singapore?) or it could be of limited use still, with only broken test signal that is...
exquisitus

Post by exquisitus »

found a udb1300 signal generator and it helped me detect the problem.
used one of the packaged clip cables saw more or less what i expected to see.
used the other one... the signal flipped... what the... never even occurred to me that the packaged cables would NOT be interchangeable...
one of the packaged clip cables is inverted! hard to tell which one just by appearances.
so on the picture
http://www.jyetech.com/Products/LcdScope/112_17_2.jpg
red to black works, and red to red (as pictured) doesn't.
might happen to other buyers, so to minimise confusion, you might want to add a note somewhere about the problem.

no reboots today, somehow it's also more stable.

otherwise it's a great educational tool/toy. so awesome, so cool. i would recommend it to anybody i know.
thank you for making it.
jye1

Post by jye1 »

It looks we got a mistakenly manufactured cable and failed to check out. The two cables should be interchangeable.
exquisitus

Post by exquisitus »

can you send me a good cable then?
jye1

Post by jye1 »

Please contact us at jyetech@163.com. Thank you.