Faulty DSO112A?

Color oscilloscope with touch panel
AriT

Faulty DSO112A?

Post by AriT »

I have a brand new DSO112A which only shows maximum DC voltage (straight line) no matter whether the input is connected to signal or not. I have measured the wires, checked the connectors as well as all the soldering. Otherwise the s/w seems to be working fine ie. display and menus work ok. If I switch the measurement display on, it shows max voltage and frequency 0 Hz in spite of legal input from signal generator or not.

I have a good knowledge of electronics so I could fix the equipment if there is a schematic and pcb layout available. Or is there any known issues I should check first?
jye1

Re: Faulty DSO112A?

Post by jye1 »

Can you post photos showing the problem?
AriT

Post by AriT »

Pictures attached. Power on, no input connected.
Attachments
Open input, no signal
Open input, no signal
F/W version
F/W version
jye1

Post by jye1 »

The photos can be enlarged and look corrupted. Can you send them by email to jyetek@gmail.com please ?
jye1

Post by jye1 »

Thank you for sending the photos. The DSO112A you purchased was a counterfeit. All our DSO112A are white and with a JYETech logo on front face. We don't have black enclosure. Please see https://jyetech.com/dso-coral-112a-oscilloscope/
G4Galeb

Post by G4Galeb »

Wait, there are counterfeit oscilloscopes now? I knew about counterfeit big name brand clothing, counterfeit electronics and counterfeit money, but... oscilloscopes, really? Is the market even big enough to justify the efforts needed to produce counterfeits?