No voltage anywhere when I check power test

Anything about this unique oscilloscope DIY kit
Jerry

No voltage anywhere when I check power test

Post by Jerry »

So I soldered everything together yesterday, and when I started the power up test, I did not get any power anywhere. I looked over my board, and there are no shorts that I can see anywhere, so I decided to see what would happen if I removed the short on JP2. Ince I did that I have 5 volts at v-bus, V+, and the left let of JP2, however VS+ has 0 volts (as would be expected.
I decided to remove all but BOB 4 & 5 to be sure I didn't have some kind of problem, as I read in the forum that some of them can be bad. However without a schematic, I don't know where to check now. I ran an ohm meter across and and VS+, and there is a short somewhere, but I sure don't see anything.
Please let me know where I should go from here, I would really like to get this going.
Thanks,
Jerry
jye1

Re: No voltage anywhere when I check power test

Post by jye1 »

It is suggested that

1 ) Remove BOB1 - BOB3, only keep BOB4 and BOB5 (keep JP3 open).
2 ) Use USB as power supply. Trace voltages along VBUS, V+, VS+, and +5V by closing JP1 and JP2 in turn.
3 ) When you get +5V good close JP4. You should see the scope boot and LCD display work.
4 ) Check V- and AV-.

The schematic should be included with manual. If you didn't see it you can download it at http://www.jyetech.com/Products/LcdScope/e068.php
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Ok, I just removed bob 1-3, and started up the board, have 5v at VBUS.
shorted JP1, have 5v at VBUS, V+.
shorted JP2, have 0v everywhere. VBUS & V+ are now 0v.

I don't think you understood that I am just at the point of soldered all the parts on up to where it says to stop and do the power check. So none of the switches have been soldered, or the display up to this point.

Thanks for your help getting this going.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Hey just incase it matters, I have version H
Attachments
Top board Oscope.JPG
Bottom board Oscope.JPG
jye1

Post by jye1 »

Please remove BOB4. If the voltage restores the BOB4 could be the issue. With JP4 open all the rest circuits are unconnected to the power except BOB4. So it is easy to find the cause.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Thank you for your help, I took bob 4 off, and I had voltage everywhere, so I looked over the board, and from the factory, the resistor on the front had solder touching the two legs, removed that, and was able to reinstall bob 4 and the voltages are still there.
Thanks again, Jerry
jye1

Post by jye1 »

Thanks for the update. Now do you have the board working?