Screen problem (garbled text information)

Anything about this unique oscilloscope DIY kit
gaet

Screen problem (garbled text information)

Post by gaet »

Hi, I have a strange comportment on my 068:
the screen is being garbled and I can see only part of the text. I updated the latest Hex firmware with usbasp, but it stays similar.

The led flashes 2 times, and if i try to click and some button, it begins flashing many times.

Would someone know what should i test? I tested the continuity of all the screen pins between screen and connectors...
Attachments
screen problem garbled text
screen problem garbled text
jye1

Re: Screen problem (garbled text information)

Post by jye1 »

From the photo some solder joints appear not properly soldered. Please re-solder all pins that connect LCD module to the main board. Use a little more solder and let iron stay at the joint a little longer.
gaet

Post by gaet »

Hi, I did all the solder again (on the two sides) but the problem persists... the text appear with lines and garbled, and when I press a button, (the rotary button) then the LED and buzzer begin to continuously blink.
(I don't know if it is a pattern but I have one beep, then two beeps closer, one beep and two beeps closer... and so on)

Do you know if there is something I can test? Could it come from the microcontroller? It seems to stay freezed on the same screen too...

As I haven't windows and don't have the USB-UART board I have used avrdude to upload the Hex to the chip directly with U4 programmer with USBASP.

Anything I can do help?
jye1

Post by jye1 »

gaet wrote:Hi, I did all the solder again (on the two sides) but the problem persists... the text appear with lines and garbled, and when I press a button, (the rotary button) then the LED and buzzer begin to continuously blink.
(I don't know if it is a pattern but I have one beep, then two beeps closer, one beep and two beeps closer... and so on)

Do you know if there is something I can test? Could it come from the microcontroller? It seems to stay freezed on the same screen too...

As I haven't windows and don't have the USB-UART board I have used avrdude to upload the Hex to the chip directly with U4 programmer with USBASP.

Anything I can do help?
Please contact JYE Tech at jyetech@163.com for replacement of LCD.

The constantly rebooting issue could be caused by wrong settings in EEPROM. Please try the following steps to do forced factory default restore.

1 ) Connect the pad PF6 at J7 to GND.
2 ) Power up the device until you see normal scope panel.
3 ) Remove the connection made in 1 ).