Where was the QC on this kit?

Anything about this unique oscilloscope DIY kit
invntrr

Where was the QC on this kit?

Post by invntrr »

I'm finding switches half in and not soldered , cold solder joints, and lousy support that has me waiting days for a simple answer. This is not even the start of issues when I read about faulty BOB cards and bad components (Resistor and cap values).
I posted a complaint on Amazon and will attempt to post anywhere this kit is sold . you have Ripped me off and $60 bucks is a lot of money for someone on a fixed income.
I'm by no means a novice and have populated more than a few experimental boards for B&D's Facility in Sparks Md. It does have the potential of being very desirable and I see where others have been successful (so it seems) but .... I suspect that more than a few have given up on this project ...then of course you no longer hear about it
Rufus

Re: Where was the QC on this kit?

Post by Rufus »

Switches in and not soldered is apparently "for packing convenience" and not mentioned in the directions. I didn't even realize they weren't soldered until almost done with the assembly. I could have had a much easier time laying the PCB flat if I had known I could remove those switches and the rotary encoder. Arrrrghhhhh
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

invntrr wrote:I'm finding cold solder joints
Did you make a note of these ? Maybe that's my problem with not getting any decent waveform on the test signal.
invntrr

Post by invntrr »

Is this a factory sight or can I get help somewhere else? I have built a few kits and this company seems not to have good support. Are the BOB boards expensive? Geez, I only spent less than $60, I hope those BOB's aren't an arm and a leg
jye1

Post by jye1 »

About the breakout boards please see my explanation in the thread http://www.jyetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=750.

There are a few spots that the manual does fail to make clear. I am sorry. We will revise the manual very soon.