Optional BOBs, and Switches

Anything about this unique oscilloscope DIY kit
Rufus

Optional BOBs, and Switches

Post by Rufus »

Hello all. I had fun so far assembling this kit. I just installed the first two BOB boards.

1. Regarding the final 3 BOB boards, why are they marked as "optional?"
2. Why is one marked as a "Power Switch?" I don't see anything that looks like a switch on that board.
3. Regarding the pre-installed SW4 rotary switch, I see 5 electrical connections and some metal tabs. Are the tabs supposed to be soldered on the backside like the electrical connections are?
4. The same question for the pre-installed sliding switches. Should I solder them in place?
5. If I have a power supply, can I just set it to 5 volts and connect it?

Regards, Rufus
jye1

Re: Optional BOBs, and Switches

Post by jye1 »

A1: The scope can work on USB power without the 3 BOBs. Simply short JP1, JP2, and JP3.

A2: It is en electronic switch (a transistor).

A3&4: Inserting the rotary encoder and slide switched on PCB was just a way of packing. You need to take them off and install them at a proper time. Please see the assembly guide.

A5: You can install D5 (not supplied) and use J2 for a 5V power supply.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Thanks for the quick reply.

The power test succeeded and I am now looking at installing the LCD. My kit came with the long strip of pins, two shorter strips with double rows of pins, and one strip with a single row of 4 pins. I see in the photos that the LCD is secured with the long strip (ASSY 1), then what looks like a 2-pin strip in the upper left, and another 2-pin strip in the upper right, (called ASSY 2 and ASSY 3 in the photo). Am I supposed to break apart the 4-pin strip I have and use that? Also what are the other 2 double-row strips for?
yury

Post by yury »

My DSO 068 (PCB version H) came with 3.7V Li-Po battery, but without optional BOBs: BOB1, BOB2, BOB3 not included.
How i can use battery without this modules?
jye1

Post by jye1 »

Without BOB1 it is not supposed to use battery because of lack of automatic switch between USB and battery. If you really want to use battery you can short pin 2 and 4 at BOB1 footprint. Keep JP1 opne and JP2 closed. Please note you won't be able to use USB as power this way.
yury

Post by yury »

Where (and how) I can purchase this module (JYE117, JYE118, JYE119)?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

jye1 wrote:Without BOB1 it is not supposed to use battery because of lack of automatic switch between USB and battery. If you really want to use battery you can short pin 2 and 4 at BOB1 footprint. Keep JP1 opne and JP2 closed. Please note you won't be able to use USB as power this way.
Dude - he said his kit was MISSING those 3 boards. Tell him how to get them sent to him.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

yury wrote:My DSO 068 (PCB version H) came with 3.7V Li-Po battery, but without optional BOBs: BOB1, BOB2, BOB3 not included.
How i can use battery without this modules?
Please note that you are crapping on my thread. Start a new thread if you have a new question. Kids these days ...
jye1

Post by jye1 »

@ Rufus:

Please break the 4-pin strip to two 2-pin strips and use them as LCD support. sorry for not answering this question sooner.

@ yury:

You might have purchased the "simplified" version. Please contact JYE Tech at jyetech@163.com for the breakout boards.

There two versions of DSO068 provided. One is the full version that contains everything. The other is the simplified that does not include the 3 breakout boards and standard probe. Both versions do not contain battery. The simplified version is only sold inside China for someone who want to run on USB and pay less.