It worked ,,, then it didn't

Anything about this unique oscilloscope DIY kit
invntrr

It worked ,,, then it didn't

Post by invntrr »

I got everything soldered and did "Power up" Had 5vdc at test point /// closed jp4 /// LED blinked /// closed jp7 to enable buzzer ...... then smelled the unmistakable odor of "crispy critters" /// removed power then went back to "Power up" .... I had < 1 volt at tp

What did I do wrong ? and how much is it going to cost me ???
jye1

Re: It worked ,,, then it didn't

Post by jye1 »

Now do you get 5V at the +5V test point when JP4 is open? If not please check the power supply related circuits first. It is suggested to bypass BOB2 and BOB3 (by close JP1 and JP2) to do the checking.
invntrr

Post by invntrr »

I'm using a Li-ion battery at 3.5 volts .... closed both J1-J2 and checked at the TP .... I have less than 1 volt. I also checked BOB 2 at Ground and Battery ... I have battery voltage (3.5 V)
jye1

Post by jye1 »

If BOB4 is suspected bad please close JP3 and use USB to power the scope. This will allow you put aside the power supply circuits and focus on making the scope work. You can go back to check the power supply later after the scope worked.
invntrr

Post by invntrr »

How do I load the software???? I hope my question is relevant ,,, but I see references to the light blinking and the Buzzer ,,buzzing.
I did have the 5 volts at the test point but when I investigated the light and buzzer ... I lost everything
jye1

Post by jye1 »

Did you try close JP1, JP2, and JP3 and power the unit by USB? If you did what was the voltage at the +5V test point. Please do not care about the firmware for the time being. First make every voltage right then we look at the firmware.
invntrr

Post by invntrr »

Checked at Test Point got 4.67 V Then checked USB and it was a solid 5 volts
jye1

Post by jye1 »

The voltage was good. Please go ahead to close JP4 and check the +5V power voltage again. If it is good test display and buttons to see whether they are good.