Power Up Test DSO 068

Anything about this unique oscilloscope DIY kit
jye1

Re: Power Up Test DSO 068

Post by jye1 »

U2 is an opamp for analog channel. It is not relevant to the digital circuits. Digital circuits mainly include U4, LCD, and keypad. Please first make the digital circuits work then to look at analog problem. Here are some checking suggestions :

1 ) Have a look at C21 and C22 for correct value and good soldering. These caps are for oscillator of U4. If the oscillator doesn't work the chip won't work.

2 ) Replace the LED if you can in case the LED was a bad one. If no LED for replacement you can also probe (at pins of R26) the output of U4 pin 11 while applying power to see if you can read activity there.
leonardmuresan

Post by leonardmuresan »

Good morning !
I have checked C21, C22, for soldering and value. They seem to be OK. Xtal 1 as well. I measure over the LED 0,21 V. This value does not change by pressing SW12. Could it be that Xtal 1 is broken ?
Unfortunately I do not have any sophisticated equipment such as an oscilloscope.
jye1

Post by jye1 »

If possible please try replacing the crystal. Frequency doesn't have to be exact 20MHz. Any 10 - 20M crystal can be use. Just to see if you can get LCD display.
leonardmuresan

Post by leonardmuresan »

Good morning ! After a long break because of an abroad course I have managed to resume yesterday the work. I have replaced the crystal a the scope is booting. All commands seem to work. I have now the problem of no trace. After the last power up test with the switches in the GND, 10 mV position and X1 i can get no trace With the switch in X2 position, 1 V, AC. a get a square signal. Any suggestion ?
Many thanks