Battery indicator

Anything about this unique oscilloscope DIY kit
KolyaN

Battery indicator

Post by KolyaN »

I added a battery to my DSO 068. Oscilloscope works fine but battery icon on LCD is not working. When I plug in USB, red LED goes up on Charger BOB. But still no icon on LCD.

I checked with the schematics and it seems that there is no link with MCU to indicate charging. Can you please confirm?
jye1

Re: Battery indicator

Post by jye1 »

Battery charger is not monitored so not battery indicator. Charging process will automatically turn off when battery is full and switch to trickle charging. Please note that for correct charger operation battery must be connected before USB is connected.
staceygeek

Post by staceygeek »

Hi, jye1, I am just curious about the battery indicator. Do you plan to use it in the future firmware releases? Is there any space left on main ATmega for this? While it's nice to have feature, it would be great and handy to have such indicator working since the display already includes it.
jye1

Post by jye1 »

staceygeek wrote:Hi, jye1, I am just curious about the battery indicator. Do you plan to use it in the future firmware releases? Is there any space left on main ATmega for this? While it's nice to have feature, it would be great and handy to have such indicator working since the display already includes it.
We don't have plan to add this feature currently, sorry. Some hardware change is required to add this feature.