No LCD backlight

Anything about this unique oscilloscope DIY kit
Roger

No LCD backlight

Post by Roger »

It's been a month now and no response from JYE Tech. Inspirational support. Thanks for nothing!

I'm doing the Powering-up Test 2 but I get no LCD backlight. I've followed the LCD Dark flowchart and I am getting +5v at pin 19. Shorting C and E of Q2 does nothing. At this point the flowchart suggests a possible LCD issue. Is there anything else I could try?

FYI, I also had trouble getting the LED to blink in Powering-up Test 1 and after much checking I decided to buy a new crystal as I'd read someone else had a received a faulty crystal. After replacing the crystal my LED is now working correctly when pressing SW12.

Thanks
pjackson

Re: No LCD backlight

Post by pjackson »

Hi Roger,

I feel you pain about not getting a response from JYE. Although it's only been a few days for me, I still think they need to at least acknowledge posts with these type of questions.

Did you ever get your board working?
Best,
-P
Roger

Re: No LCD backlight

Post by Roger »

Hi, thanks for the reply. I gave up on this way back as JYE are useless. It turns out my LCD module was faulty but it doesn't seem to be available to purchase separately so that was that.

Anyway I contacted another member of this forum who is also having problems and offered my parts (minus the LCD) to him for cost of postage as my main board may have been working as all tests were ok up to the LCD tests. He acknowledged receiving it but he hasn't replied to any of my emails and hasn't posted on here again so I don't know if my parts were of help or not.

I ended up buying a cheap commercial oscilloscope, more expensive but at least it works plus it's obviously a much better featured product.

I hope you have better luck than I did.

Regards,
Roger

PS. This was my last visit to this forum.