DSO 068 Kit infinite loop reboot

Anything about this unique oscilloscope DIY kit
jye1

DSO 068 Kit infinite loop reboot

Post by jye1 »

One customer reported the following problem:

"I purchased the DSO 068 Kit from AccuDIY and got as far as Step 3 Adjust Compensation Capacitors in the the Assembly Guide. Everything was fine (all previous testing was checked out,) but while checking the waveform for Step 3, the 068 suddenly rebooted and now all it does is show the bootloader screen, then the booting screen, and finally the JYE Tech splash screen. It then loops continusely between the booting and splash screens.

Here are the particulars:

Bootloader 113-06803-020
Main: 06801-050
Keypad: 06802-021"

Since the bootloader was working. The customer tried re-flash firmware by the bootloader but it didn't help. Then he tried connecting PF6 pin at J6 to GND via a 1K resister and rebooting the device. The problem was fixed.

What he did was restoring the EEPROM settings to their default values. DSO 068 checks PF6 pin at powering-up. If it found the pin LOW it then restore EEPROM settings to default values. Normally PF6 pin should remain open or be pulled-up.
jez79

Re: DSO 068 Kit infinite loop reboot

Post by jez79 »

Mine was doing the same thing, reboot loop.
Powering it down by holding the adjust button for a few seconds, then powering up with adjust button got it out of the loop.
sahathor

Post by sahathor »

Hi,

I have an similar problem, when was in Step 3 (Adjust Compensation Capacitors) I had different problems first I got wired signs and a few secs later I got court in an infinite loop. Disconnecting USB and reseting it in the menu did the trick. Then I continued. After a few setting I gout court in the infinite loop again and now discounting USB or Batterie did not work.
I disconnected signal output and scope input and afterwards I connected PF6 from J7 to ground.
Unfurtionately inserting BOB3 left the Board unusable so I removed it and closed JP2.

The closed Jumpers are JP2 and JP4.

Firmeware:

Version: 113-06803-020
Main: 06801-050
KEYPAD:06802-020
sahathor

Post by sahathor »

Hi,

I could solve the rebooting by uploading (new?) firmware.
jye1

Post by jye1 »

It is worth trying to reprogram the chip if you have the right tool. But if bootloader works use it to re-flash firmware. If you use programmer please be aware that there are two pieces of firmware, bootloader and the main firmware (please see www.jyetech.com). Not all programmer support multiple file programming. In that case the bootloader should be programmed first and then load the main firmware by bootloader. Please do not change fuse bits. Otherwise the chip may be screwed up.