Problem with powering-up test

Anything about this unique oscilloscope DIY kit
BunkyByrd68

Problem with powering-up test

Post by BunkyByrd68 »

I'm using a 3.7 volt battery and installed BOB1, BOB2, BOB3, BOB4 and BOB5. I temporarily closed JP2 for the test.

Questions:

1. I found 5 volts only on the +5v near JP4 but not on any other +5V holes on the board. Is +5 volt supposed to be on ALL +5V holes at this point?

2. Then I closed JP4 and got less then + 5 volts at the +5V hole near JP4. In addition, the voltage dropped to zero volts after about 10 seconds.

The solder connections look fine. Where do I need to check? What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

Stephen
libc

Re: Problem with powering-up test

Post by libc »

BunkyByrd68 wrote:I'm using a 3.7 volt battery and installed BOB1, BOB2, BOB3, BOB4 and BOB5. I temporarily closed JP2 for the test.

Questions:

1. I found 5 volts only on the +5v near JP4 but not on any other +5V holes on the board. Is +5 volt supposed to be on ALL +5V holes at this point?

2. Then I closed JP4 and got less then + 5 volts at the +5V hole near JP4. In addition, the voltage dropped to zero volts after about 10 seconds.

The solder connections look fine. Where do I need to check? What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

Stephen
1: I think that is expected if JP4 is still open.
2: I'd check VBAT, V+ and VS+, both on battery power and when plugged in via USB.
BunkyByrd68

Re: Problem with powering-up test

Post by BunkyByrd68 »

Thanks for the advise. I soldered JP4 temporarily closed and received 4.93 volts at the +5v near JP4.