DSO 068 will not turn off

Anything about this unique oscilloscope DIY kit
Schuie

DSO 068 will not turn off

Post by Schuie »

Hi all whilst still waiting for a replacement BOB 5 to come I can not turn off the unit from either the usb or the battery the only way I can switch it off is by unplugging the usb and the battery
Any help will be most welcome
Regards
Michael Wolak
jye1

Re: DSO 068 will not turn off

Post by jye1 »

Can you see the menu when ADJ dial is pressed? If you don't please check the connections related to the push button (with SW4). If you do that means the button is working. Please check the connection of BOB3 pin4.
Schuie

Post by Schuie »

Hi thanks for a prompt reply yes I can see the menu when switch 4 is pressed and I can scroll through the menu and have checked pin 4 of bob 3 and that is ok what happens is that when you try to turn it off all it does is reboot as I said the only way I can turn it off is by un plunging both the usb and battery any other thoughts will be appreciated
Regards
Michael Wolak
Schuie

Post by Schuie »

Hi I have received my new BOB5 board and the scope is up and running again except I can not turn the unit off I have checked the connections to bob 3 and all is good, I can display all the menu’s select them all but for love o money I cannot turn the unit off this is the only thing left to do before I can finally screw it all back together please can someone help me with this problem as it is doing my head in , I have tried following the schematic and could only get as R43 and R44 the rest disappears
Regards
Michael Wolak (Schuie)
onalone2000

Post by onalone2000 »

Hi,

I am also facing the issue. It usually reboot. Sometime it can turn off. Once time, the whole system hang after rebooting and no trace at all. I think everything was reset at that time and some part of the circuit fall in to unstable. Fortunately, the DSO 068 can recover after sometime.

As per my observation, the shut down process of the firmware may be very fast hence it make the system on again right after turn off.

My hypothesis is:
1/ As the process, when we press the ADJ rotary, the system will turn off.
2/ The system detect a shutdown command and shutdown immediately.
3/ As it turn off too fast and the user do not recognize it was turn off and still keep the button.
4/ At that time, the system detect a press on the ADJ rotary, then turn on again.

But the answer only JYE Tech know. If this is the case, may be JYE Tech can prolong the shutting down time to ensure the user notice it shutting down. For example,

When the system detect a shutdown command, then the screen show up something like "Shutting down..." and wait for 1, 2 second.

May be in that case, the user can get enough time to release the button.

Look forward to everyone who has experience on the turn on/off of the DSO 068.

Best wishes,
THT
Schuie

Post by Schuie »

This was most helpful will try while awaiting bob3
Regards
Michael