powering DSO 068 with battery

Anything about this unique oscilloscope DIY kit
sergiomarina

powering DSO 068 with battery

Post by sergiomarina »

Hi,
I have a DSO 068 (at the bootstrap I see "MAIN: 06801-060" "KEYPAD: 06802-030" "PCB" "Bootloader Ver: 113-06803-020") bought 4 months ago, I mounted and I added an internal backup battery (please, see picture attached).
BackupBattery.jpg
Everything worked fine.
Yesterday, after about 2 months inactivity, I have switched it on again. I first tried without connecting the USB cable. The battery was inactive and I powered the DSO with USB cable connected to J1. I left connected for one night to be sure to have a complete recharge, but the day after I found out the battery was still inactive.
I opened the box to measure the VBAT and I found more than 4 V (it could be 4.3, not sure), that would be enough to charge the battery. Vice versa the battery voltage was 0. So I closed JP5 and connect to J2 an external 3.7V Lion battery (I had in my stock a 3000mAh) already charged (measured 3.9V). Even in this case the DSO did not switch on.
I did not want to try to connect simultaneously external battery to J2 and USB cable to J1.
Why I cannot power the DSO with a external battery connected to J2?
Thank you and regards, Sergio

I have found a workaround connecting a pack of 4 rechargeable AA batteries (5.04V) to J1.
jye1

Re: powering DSO 068 with battery

Post by jye1 »

Please check voltage at V+. If this voltage is low when battery is connected then please check BOB2.
sergiomarina

Post by sergiomarina »

Hi,
V+ is high.
Furthermore I was able to switch the DSO on using an external battery (please, see attached the picture of the battery body)
ExternalBattery.jpg
Unfortunately the limited battery capacity allowed to keep the DSO powered on for only few minutes and, even worse, just once. The previous battery (internal and only 850mAh) was able to power up the DSO for at least 15'.
I can conclude that I had 2 defects related to batteries.
That said I'd like you to suggest a battery for purchase (better if internal), suitable for DSO.

Thank you and best regards, Sergio
jye1

Post by jye1 »

At first we offer this battery for DSO068

https://jyetech.com/Products/Accessories/Battery.php

Unfortunately now almost all shipping companies do not accept pure battery shipping or the charge is very high. As a result we stopped the sale to overseas customers. You can use battery with similar dimensions (the most critical is the thickness). Capacity is the larger the better.