DSO not turning off and turns on after applying power

Anything about this unique oscilloscope DIY kit
shop

DSO not turning off and turns on after applying power

Post by shop »

Hello all, I recently build up my DSO and works like charm. But I have problem with powering off scope. Pressing knob does nothing. And immidiately after connecting to power socket or after connecting battery, DSO is power up. This symptoms is when jp4 is joined. After desoldering JP4 joints DSO not power on, but red Diode on charging BOB lights up when powering up with usb. None reaction when powering by battery. All BOB are soldered.
PLease help.
Mod1966

Re: DSO not turning off and turns on after applying power

Post by Mod1966 »

I'm no expert I have built 3 of these! Try checking BOB3 which is the power switch pcb check it's soldering and orientation.
If you come to the conclusion that it's faulty, contact JYE1.
shop

Post by shop »

Hi. My unit is working properly, but turns on immidiately after applying power, no matter if is connected by usb or connected by battery. And I cannot turn it off. Is there any simply way to get if bob3 is working properly? Or not working at all? I assume that when you pressing jog, there is some kind of signal goes to bob 3 and transistor is switching on and finally unit is turning on. Maybe in my case this signal is always goes high, maybe I can check this. I de-soldered and soldered BOB3 again, from both sides, without success.
I also checked what happened when i desolder BOB3. As I thought, unit won't power up.
Mod1966

Post by Mod1966 »

Hi put BOB3 back. Check that you have JP4 And JP9 shorted. Check that JP2 is open after tests. If none of these help check with JYE1 as it could still be a BOB3 issue I think!