Any Button Pressed Puts Unit in Hold

Anything about this unique oscilloscope DIY kit
dzydno620

Any Button Pressed Puts Unit in Hold

Post by dzydno620 »

I have an issue with my DSO068, Any of the buttons I press put the unit in "Hold" and when pressed again take the unit out of "Hold". This happens with every button except for the "Hold" button, nothing happens when it is pressed. Even the ADJ knob puts the unit in "Hold" when pressed after power is on. I have reinstalled the firmware for both the keypad and Main MCU's. No change. Any helpful advise would be appreciated.
jye1

Re: Any Button Pressed Puts Unit in Hold

Post by jye1 »

What trigger mode did you use? Is it always like this, or it occurred only recently?
dzydno620

Post by dzydno620 »

This has always been like this from the first time the unit was powered up. I cannot change modes or change the cursor position. The only thing the buttons do when pressed is to put the unit into "Hold". The "ADJ" rotary encoder will change the highlighted item but you cannot change the cursor to another item. I have attached pictures to show what happens when any of the lower 6 buttons are pressed. Pressing the button again takes the unit out of "hold". Pressing the "Hold" button seems to do nothing. The selector switches on the left work perfect.
Attachments
After button pressed
After button pressed
Before button press
Before button press
jye1

Post by jye1 »

This is a very unusual issue which we first time see. I'd like to suggest the following.

-- Perform forced factory default restore by doing

1 ) Connect the pad PF6 at J7 to GND.
2 ) Power up the device until you see normal scope panel.
3 ) Remove the connection made in 1 ).

-- If the above doesn't work please try reflash the main MCU with the bootloader. Please visit http://www.jyetech.com/Products/LcdScope/e068.php for how to program the MCU with bootloader.
dzydno620

Post by dzydno620 »

I discovered the problem. There was a small piece a conductive debris caught between the "hold" button and the circuit board. The scope works great now.
Thank you for all your help.