COM port is not found by jyeLab

uChip

COM port is not found by jyeLab

Post by uChip »

I am trying to connect my FG085 to my PC (Windows 7) so that I can download user waveforms.

I have installed jyeLab v0.70 and the Silicon Labs driver. When the FG085 is attached the driver shows as COM17 in the Windows Device Manager, however jyeLab never sees that COM17 is there. Clicking ReScan in the Port Setup dialog finds nothing except COM1.

Note that as a side experiment I unplugged the FG085 and plugged in an FTDI on the same USB cable. The FTDI correctly shows up on COM8 both in the Device Manager and in jyeLab. Unplugging the FTDI and plugging in the FG085 returns the previous state where only COM1 is found.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the driver from jyetech site and from the Silicon Labs site. I see no change in behavior.

I am out of ideas. Can someone suggest what else to try or where to look next?
Thanks!
- uChip
uChip

Re: COM port is not found by jyeLab

Post by uChip »

Another experiment: I connected the FG085 to my PC and then opened Tera Term. Tera Term was able to see port COM17. After setting the baud rate to 115200 and cycling power on the FG085, Tera Term displayed the FG085 startup message.

Even after this success, closing Tera Term and opening jyeLab, jyeLab still does not show COM17 in the list.

Still looking for ideas.

Thanks,
- uChip
jye1

Post by jye1 »

jyeLab scans up to COM port number 255. But we didn't have chance to test high numbers. Is it possible to make FG085 appear at low number by plugging it to different USB sockets?
uChip

Post by uChip »

I just tried plugging it into a different USB port (different motherboard hub) but the COM number is still the same. Windows remembers the COM port number.

I think I would have to somehow make Windows forget about the COM ports it has seen previously. Unfortunately I don't know how to do that. I know it's not just a matter of unplugging things and rebooting. I do that all the time and Windows still remembers.

Thanks,
- uChip