I am at my wits end..

Pingpong

I am at my wits end..

Post by Pingpong »

Hi JYE Tech.
I understand the need to protect your intellectual property but your business model sucks. Perhaps you should do a bit of research and see how consumers turn on companies that Brick counterfeits. FTDI is a great place to start.
I have bought 2 DSO shells off of eBay and both have been fake. I didn't even realize the first one was a fake until I had fully assembled it and updated the firmware. Imagine my surprise when I got the "this board is fake" message. It wasn't easy getting a refund. The seller at the weilan-aimi eBay store tried to argue that what he sold me was an "upgrade version".
Getting a refund for the second one I bought is proving even more frustrating. The seller xiaofega0, whom I bought the second fake from has a store called happybuyertry. Not only have they tried to get me to return the fake without providing the return postage or a refund, they keep insisting what I bought is an unbranded version. I have opened a case and reported the store. If ebay closes the case in my favor, it will still take weeks to get a refund. They like to drag their feet.

At the end of the day, how is it my fault? I bought two Items where the pictures in the listing were of genuine DSO shells. If the picture is of a genuine item, you assume you are going to get the genuine item. How silly of me to assume that. I spent all the time and care to assemble the first one, only to end up with a bricked fake. I have had to send messages back and forth to eBay sellers, open cases and go through all that rigamarole. Nobodies going to pay me or give me a special award for the time I have lost.

I really would like to buy A genuine DSO Shell, but where do I get one? I really don't have the time to waste or the energy to go through all this crap again. Certainly not crap that isn't my fault.
Pingpong

Re: I am at my wits end..

Post by Pingpong »

Wow, over 24 hours and still no reply. I am stunned.
alphaseek

Post by alphaseek »

I'm sure jye1 will respond when he sees your post. But I agree that the current situation is not good. I understand their issue with the illegal copies, but as you say, it causes much wasted time by innocent buyers.

In another post in the Shell forum group jye1 said that good ones can be bought from Banggood. That was my experience, and I haven't seen anyone say otherwise about the Banggood source.

https://www.jyetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1545
Pingpong

Post by Pingpong »

If I buy one on banggood it will take up to 60 days to arrive. Also, what happens if the item I receive is fake? Do I have the same protection as I do on eBay? It is not worth the effort. I have played Russian roulette twice and shot myself twice. Not a good track record so far.

Some Chinese manufacturers have genuine stores on eBay, Ali express etc. Products that have a genuine store always do better. Look at Fiio. They started small but are the producers of some really nice portable audio equipment now.
If someone got burned by buying a fake, surely they will use the genuine store next time? Even give people a 10% discount if they can prove they got a fake.
Listen to the customers, act in good faith and your business will boom. Carry on this business model and the customer base will dwindle no matter how good the product IMO.
Pingpong

Post by Pingpong »

I just checked the link you provided Alphaseek. Simply shocking. The prices in the JYE tech store and on Amazon are way more than banggood.
So, let me get this straight. I might get a genuine one on banggood but if I really want a genuine one I need to pay the inflated prices of the genuine store.
JYE Tech, you are going to smash it out the park with this business model. May as well start ordering the Bentleys now because in six months time you will be able to buy a fleet of them. Sure...

And still no comment from JYE Tech. What is wrong? Did I hit a nerve?
alphaseek

Post by alphaseek »

So far as I know, everyone who has bought their DSO150 kit from Banggood has received a genuine kit. Including me. If I were buying a kit today, I would buy it from Banggood, and nobody else. But of course I can't personally absolutely guarantee it. I would not buy anything from AliExpress because I see repeated examples of disputes like this being decided in favor of the seller. Ebay would be a lot better in that regard, but I don't know of a single Ebay seller of genuine kits, so why go through what you've gone through there - twice. I don't know about buyers' rights at Banggood because I've never had to return anything there. I'm not saying that Banggood always sells genuine stuff, but in this case they appear to be buying genuine stock, and JYETech recommends buying from them, as indicated in the link I gave you.

It's very likely they haven't responded because they are closed for the Chinese New Year holiday, like everyone else in China.

I hope you are making progress getting your refund from Ebay.

Edit: If you are in the US, in my experience Banggood stuff arrives from China in 3-4 weeks. They also have a US warehouse option, at additional cost, but if you need a scope probe and power supply from China, faster delivery of the kit may not do you any good.
hvorfordetda

Post by hvorfordetda »

Pingpong

Post by Pingpong »

Alphaseek, will you buy 2 DSO 150's and get Banggood to ship them to me? If they are genuine on arrival, I will pay you back. :lol: :lol:
As far as the shipping goes, I am in Europe and for some reason, the shipping time is a lot longer than to the US from China.
The second time I bought a DSO 150 off of eBay, I asked the seller if the product was genuine before I bought it. They said it was but I still received a fake. Both times the pictures in their listings were of a genuine DSO. Obviously, if I tried a 3rd time I would be a dumbass.
I got my refund today through eBay, I was shocked. I have never had a case like this resolve so fast. Soon after the refund, I received a message. I was offered the equivalent of an extra $15 to leave positive feedback. So I left negative feedback and I will report the seller to eBay.

Ah, the good old Chinese new year excuse. I have always found that to be funny.
I had a store myself on eBay for about 5 years until it became unprofitable. My wholesaler in Shenzhen was an awesome guy. I bought minuscule volumes compared to what he was used to selling but he always ensured that I got the goods that I wanted at the lowest price he could get them. So low sometimes that I would seriously undercut the competition and still make a tidy profit. Strangely, I could always get hold of him during the new year. There was nothing he could do for me most times because he would be out in the countryside with his family. He always got back to me though. I did deal with other wholesalers and they would not reply. I asked him why some people didn't answer and he would say that only a fool takes his eyes off his business. After I gave up my eBay shop we still kept in touch. The last time I spoke to him he had retired to the countryside a wealthy man.

I will wait for JYE1 to respond, It doesn't look like I will be getting a DSO 150 soon though.

hvorfordetda, thanks for the response. alphaseek pointed out that same link.
alphaseek

Post by alphaseek »

I had sent an email to jye1 about a circuit question I had, and he finally responded yesterday. He said their main office is back open, but he is still travelling, and will be until the end of March. Currently in Peru. I don't know if they have anyone else that's fluent enough in English to answer questions here. So it may be a while before you get a response. But you know, I don't think he will have anything to say that's different from what he's posted before. They've made a decision not to support fakes, and like it or not, it looks like that's the way it's going to be. You'll just have to decide if you're willing to take the risk with Banggood.

Well, maybe third time's the charm. It looks like eu.banggood.com has the DSO138, but not the DSO150. Until I looked, I didn't know there was an eu.banggood.com.

Did you have to send back the fakes to get your refunds? If not, I think you can just flash a firmware version prior to v110, and use it that way. I think v64 was the one before 110, and the last one that didn't require authentication. But just guessing about all that.
Pingpong

Post by Pingpong »

I am not asking them to support fakes. It is their business model that I take issue with. Besides penalising the consumer, it is in no way sustainable. It is only a matter of time until someone fluent in hex hacks the firmware.
I opened it with notepad++ and there are only 3072 lines of code. It would only be a matter of opening the old firmware in notepad++, the latest firmware in a hex editor, comparing the two side by side and then making the necessary adjustments. Still, even if this does happen, it is not worth it. All the components in a JYE Tech DSO product are quality and to a very tight set of specifications. Take the resistors and capacitors for instance. In a JYE Tech DSO 150, they are rated to +-1. In both fakes, the components are rated to +-5. That much variance in capacitance and resistance in a circuit will surely affect its accuracy?

At the end of the day, the DSO 150 is not much more than a toy with limited uses. Within its scope of usefulness, it is still important to be able to get an accurate reading IMO.

I still have the fakes but I think I will just use them for spares if I ever get my hands on a genuine DSO 150. There is nothing wrong with the screens, momentary switch buttons etc.